How big is your shop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris C

Chris
Senior User
I'm considering tearing down my outbuilding and building a shop.... with the wife's consent. Just curious how big the "average" shop is. I'm looking at 24x24 but that could go up or down.

dwminnich

New User
Dave
I'm considering tearing down my outbuilding and building a shop.... with the wife's consent. Just curious how big the "average" shop is. I'm looking at 24x24 but that could go up or down.

24 x 36.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nn4jw

New User
Jim
24x24, but 2 floors. Upstairs is mostly storage. I wish I had gone a little bigger, but then I'd just have more stuff.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
24' x 36' and I don't know how far Ayden is from Chapel Hill, but you're more than welcome to come out and see how I built mine. I embedded 4" PVC in the concrete floor for dust collection.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Mine is only a single car garage in the basement, if I had my wish it would be 30 X 40 with a small office, finishing room and bathroom.

Gilley23

New User
Bryan
I'm using my 2 car garage, which also doubles as regular storage, plus a bike and scooter corral, plus some lawn equipment. A couple of years ago I did put up an 8 x 8 shed were most lawn equipment is now. I really just need to get rid of some things.

On a super positive note, yesterday I installed an air conditioner in my garage!! Southern heat and humidity BE GONE!!!

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
24'x30' and 10' ceilings and I had it built with storage rafters and a 9/12 pitch for future second floor. That gives me a room of about 12x24 with 7' height upstairs.

Last edited:

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
One half of a two-car garage, and I still manage to lose track of my smaller tools. If I could build a larger shop 24x24 with a half-bath.

Lowlander

New User
Chris
24x24 with 13 ft ceilings full garage shop with AC/Heat. Yard and house maintenance items organized into a 8x12 storage building. When I build a shop the work space will be at least 24x24 with 10-12 ft ceilings. Then I would like a wash room along with two separate spaces. One for utility items like dust collection and compressor and the other for a finishing room.

jlwest

Jeff
Corporate Member
22x40 insulated and sheet rocked. 100 amp service. Built with trusses so no supporting walls. Two man doors and a single garage door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS