Dirk
Corporate Member
Re: Handplane and general sharpening workshop

I am interested......March is good

Kent Adams

New User
Kent Adams

I have 3 brand new Lie-Nelson planes and some chisels I haven't tried to sharpen yet (new to hand planes). I'd love to attend and will donate $30 for the class as well as contribute to any food. I'd prefer March.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member

I believe we have a second teacher for this class so we may expand the size slightly. More on this later.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member

Folks we may have 3 instructors at this workshop, a level of expertise never seen before. If we hold the registration to 15 students that will be 5 students to each instructor.

Will Bill's shop support that many?

Can I bring enough chili to feed them all?

The great thing coming out of this we will have two more possible workshop instructors.

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy

Folks we may have 3 instructors at this workshop, a level of expertise never seen before. If we hold the registration to 15 students that will be 5 students to each instructor.

The great thing coming out of this we will have two more possible workshop instructors.

It would be awesome to have 3 instructors. Bill said he can accommodate 15 students. I can't answer your question about the chili. How big is your crock pot? :)

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy

One thing I wanted to mention to everyone, bring your own sharpening supplies if you have them. This will help prevent any bottlenecks that could result in people standing around waiting to use something. Also, please fill out the poll to determine the date for the workshop if you have not already (I see a bunch of people already have - thanks). http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/s...ad.php?t=58269

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member

We can make that work. :icon_thum Based on past workshops, everyone wanders around from station to station, helping each other, taking a break, etc. Very little actual "teaching", but a lot of hands-on practice.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member

I have a feeling that may change with these instructors.

We'll keep it light and fun.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member

My intention is to bring a #7 and #8

Sole flatness - ??
Blade definitely
Maybe even bring a $2 plane... you can imagine... (Mike you might remember my #5 where the pitting didn't fully come out of one cheek...

vinson

Doug
Corporate Member

I would like to be put on the list if not filled up.

JohnnyR

John
Corporate Member

I'd like to partake in this event with the esteemed instructor(s).

Ralrick

New User
Rick

Put me on the alternate list if this isn't 'over sold' already. thanks

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member

I don't know whether to be happy or concerned that so many are signing up for the sharpening workshop for the second or third time as well as lots of new folks.

We're either providing a great service that folks can't get enough or I am a terrible teacher that has to go over everything several times to make it understood.

Or maybe people just like Bill's shop?

Either way I was not as well attended at the workshops at Klingspor and I wonder why? Is it the location? Time? Not advertised well enough?

Those classes were free to the public but only a few attended. Is there something we can do different to bring people in at the Asheville or Winston-Salem stores?

mpholway

Board of Directors, Events Director
Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member

Please add my name to the list as I am interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS