Finished these tabletops for a local brewery

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubGuy

Administrator
Zach
These are made of reclaimed old growth Douglas Fir that came from the Hammonasset State Park area in Madison, CT Area. It was from the old boardwalk and picnic area. I made 4 tops and I think they turned out great. Customer is happy. Just gotta finish the slab now and I will be moving on to a new project. Thanks for looking!
20150217_192738.jpg

20150217_192744.jpg

20150217_192719.jpg

20150217_192752.jpg

20150313_142413.jpg

20150313_142419.jpg

20150313_142431.jpg

20150313_142550.jpg

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
That is pretty cool - "Tables with history!"

SubGuy

Administrator
Zach
Oh yeah, and thanks for all those who helped out with the recommendations and how to use Behlen's Rock Hard Tabletop Varnish. You guys know who you are:icon_thum

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Oh yeah, and thanks for all those who helped out with the recommendations and how to use Behlen's Rock Hard Tabletop Varnish. You guys know who you are:icon_thum
That REALLY looks nice! (not glossy and thick like the old bar-top finish!

SubGuy

Administrator
Zach
Finishing schedule: 100 grit on the Stroke sander; 120 grit ROS, 180 grit ROS, 220 grit ROS, Shellac sander sealer, light sanding at 220, 1 coat of Rockhard Satin cut 50/50 w/ Naptha, light sanding at 320 grit, 1 coat of Rockhard cut 3/2 with Naptha, repeat sanding, 2 more coats with sanding in between of 4/1 cut. Polished with Bowling Alley Wax to add to abrasive protection.

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
They will easily handle the many pints of brews that will be consumed there -- and never get water stained unless someone carves their initials in them. Nice job on these Zach -- know you know why I love that finishing product!

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Beautiful job Zach.

I spent many, many summer days hanging out at Hammonasset in my youth. I may have left my footprints on those very boards.

SubGuy

Administrator
Zach
I know where you can get some of the boardwalk lumber...The guy I bought it from still has a good bit if I remember correctly.
Beautiful job Zach.

I spent many, many summer days hanging out at Hammonasset in my youth. I may have left my footprints on those very boards.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
I know where you can get some of the boardwalk lumber...The guy I bought it from still has a good bit if I remember correctly.

I'd love to have some, a bit of a drive for me though.

Maybe you can throw some on the sub next time you head south? :gar-Bi

Glennbear

Glenn
Nice job !!! were the fastener holes filled and if so how ? I have a stash of old growth fir bleacher boards complete with fastener holes :wsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS