Newest guitar build

Status
Not open for further replies.

danw

New User
dan
Latest build features sapele back and sides. pine for the top. maple binding and hardware. ebony fretboard.
Nitro lacquer finish.
17 1/4 lower bout width. 3 1/4 sides width. 25 in scale length. 1 3/4 nut width.
parallel braces.
20140803_162642.jpg20140803_162703.jpg20140803_162729.jpg20140803_162743.jpg20140803_162800.jpg

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Absolutely beautiful Dan!

Is it a commission or for you?

danw

New User
dan
This was an experiment in several ways. New shape. Pine top. Neck attachment location. New lacquer.
If someone fell in love with it, I would sell it.

danw

New User
dan
yes for the grain filler. then lacquer coats. wet sand with 600 grit. then buffing wheel with coarse and fine compounds

Weekendworrior

New User
Bill
Staggeringly beautiful. An inspiration as I want to build guitars something terrible but that's a whole new learning curve I just don't have time for right now. I'll just ooh and ah over yours.

gesiak

John
Corporate Member
Great looking guitar, absolutely beautiful. What would I have to have in my hand to walk home with one like that?

W Burton

New User
Bill
Great looking work! Nice design, and that finish really pops. What kind of pine did you use for the top? Do you hand carve the top/back?

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User

danw

New User
dan
White pine. as clear and quartersawn as I could find. I do hand carve top and back.

Great looking work! Nice design, and that finish really pops. What kind of pine did you use for the top? Do you hand carve the top/back?

gesiak

John
Corporate Member
Dan, you probably mentioned this in previous posts, how did you start making guitars? Did you take classes or self taught?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS