Request for Quote for Laundry Room Cabinets - Anyone Interested?

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodworker2000

Christopher
Corporate Member
I am considering having some cabinets made for our laundry room. I have thought about making them myself but my wife will probably insist that I get them finished before the next election. With my schedule, that may not be possible. Here is what I am looking for:

(1) 24" wide sink base w/2 raised panel doors and flip-out raised panel top panel (to store sponges, etc.)
(1) 24" wide upper cabinet, 15" deep and approximately 50" tall w/2 raised panel doors and 4 adjustable shelves
(1) 36" wide base cabinet with 3 full-width drawers (two lower drawers larger than the top one. All drawers 1" overtravel side-mount ball bearing slides)
(1) 36" wide upper cabinet, 15" deep and approximately 50" tall with 2 raised panel doors and 4 adjustable shelves
(1) 28" wide upper cabinet, 24" deep and approximately 24" tall w/1 adjustable shelf

All cabinets will be frameless with solid backs. All base cabinets will be 34-35" tall w/4" toekick. Since these are for a laundry room, I am thinking 3/4" melamine would be fine for the cabinet boxes but am open to ideas. The drawer and cabinet fronts will be raised panel made from wood (maybe mdf?) with concealed/European hinges and will be painted white. I would like the drawers to be dovetailed but am flexible on that. I will want some detail on the cabinet doors and drawer fronts to generally match what is in the rest of the house but that can be discussed later (my existing cabinet doors are brow raised panel doors).

I think this about covers what I am looking for. Based on the description above, would anyone care to provide me with an estimate for making these cabinets? I'm not looking for an exact quote at this stage but I am trying to get an idea what this would cost to have done by someone who is capable, interested and can do it within a reasonable amount of time (you tell me what a reasonable amount of time would be). Please reply to me by PM. All estimates will be treated as confidential and I will not share anyone's estimate or work with anyone who just wants to "beat the lowest estimate". Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to post this in but it seemed like the best fit available.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
A sketch up of cabinets would be helpful. This is to determine which cabinets "show" on the ends, as this will change building techniques. 24" sink base seems a little small, unless you are using a "bar sink." If you are sinking a mop / laundry sink into cabinets, then the tilt out probably won't work. Who is going to do plumbing work?

woodworker2000

Christopher
Corporate Member
Bruce,

I have a hand-drawn sketch but I'm not sure how to scan it into my computer (it never seems to work for me) and post it. Maybe this will help:

The only cabinet that will have a side showing is the 36" base cabinet and it will only have one side (the right) visible. The upper cabinets will stretch from wall to wall so no sides will be visible. I am planning on using a 20" x 20" single basin "bar sink" in the sink cabinet. The rough plumbing is already in place (water supplies stick out of the wall, the drain emerges from the floor). I may do the final plumbing myself.

eyekode

New User
Salem
I may get in trouble for this on a woodworking forum but... if all you want is utility cabinets you are probably best off buying them from Lowes/Home Depot. They have it down to a science and it is hard to compete with the economies of scale and CNC equipment.
Salem

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
I may get in trouble for this on a woodworking forum but... if all you want is utility cabinets you are probably best off buying them from Lowes/Home Depot. They have it down to a science and it is hard to compete with the economies of scale and CNC equipment.
Salem
Despite building cabinets, a trip o the Habitat Reuse is in order. Remember that doors can be replaced

woodworker2000

Christopher
Corporate Member
Thanks for the suggestion; however, I am looking for something nicer than off-the-shelf utility cabinets. I thought that was obvious by the sizes I am looking for (e.g. 15" deep/50" tall wall cabinets). I've been to Lowes/Home Depot and their pre-made utility cabinets don't come in the sizes/configurations/quality I am looking for.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Thanks for the suggestion; however, I am looking for something nicer than off-the-shelf utility cabinets. I thought that was obvious by the sizes I am looking for (e.g. 15" deep/50" tall wall cabinets). I've been to Lowes/Home Depot and their pre-made utility cabinets don't come in the sizes/configurations/quality I am looking for.

If you want em quaility built and fast talk to FredP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS