FREE river birch turning blanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
A birch log landed in my wood yard today, and it's not something that I can use for my farm. It's freshly logged (earlier today), and around 9" in diameter, and around 12' long.

If any local woodturners would like to cut some pieces off of it for turning blanks, you're welcome to.

Please contact me via e-mail if interested.

Thx.

Scott

Gary_C

New User
Gary
I'd love to get a chunk...but I don't think I would be able to get over there until Sunday. Do you think it will last that long?

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Gary, not a problem. Considering that it's going to rain tomorrow, I don't think that anybody will be wielding a chainsaw then!

I'll be sure to keep some back for you.

Mike, if nobody is headed your way I can cut and box some up to send you.

Scott

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Gary, not a problem. Considering that it's going to rain tomorrow, I don't think that anybody will be wielding a chainsaw then!

Scott

Is your chainsaw afraid of the rain? I hope not I discovered my husky runs for a while underwater :eek:. Who would have thought?

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Is your chainsaw afraid of the rain? I hope not I discovered my husky runs for a while underwater :eek:. Who would have thought?

Hopefully I will not be making a similar discovery with any of my Stihl's....

Re being afraid of the rain, I kinda figured that the recipients of my offer would want to "have some skin in the game" so to speak, and thus the "donee's" would be doing the chainsaw work, as opposed to the "doner".... Thus, my comment was aimed at being considerate for the turners.... :gar-La;

MikeH

New User
Mike

Scott

I might be able to convince Rob to pick up a couple for me. They would be a little closer to me then. :icon_thum

Rob?......Could you pick up a couple for me? :eusa_thin

Rob

New User
Rob
Sure, I'll see what's left and how much Scott will let me take. I'll even seal the ends for you. But don't take too long picking them up, I might turn them myself. :banana::rotflm:

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Scott
Tina will be in Apex next weekend if you have a couple left over I would like some. Thanks in advance.:notworthy:

Rob

New User
Rob
Scott, I won't be able to make it this weekend, have to go out of town for a family emergency. Sorry Mike. I won't be able to pick up any for you.

MikeH

New User
Mike
Scott, I won't be able to make it this weekend, have to go out of town for a family emergency. Sorry Mike. I won't be able to pick up any for you.

I'll see what I can do and maybe I can run up and pick up some for both of us.

Scott,
Do you think there will be enough left for us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS