Rub-A-Dub in a wooden tub?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwat

New User
Bill
Still looking for a unique gift for that someone special? You could whip out a wooden bathtub before Christmas, or for the sum of $34,000.00 have it delivered!!:nah:
6abfc8655fe151e9f122b555fa94b0e9.jpg

View image in gallery

There’s a natural attraction to a wooden soaker that’s peaceful and serene. The Bathtub 7000 by PSCBaths brings outdoor elements into your bathroom with a sophisticated design that creates a rustic vibe and unique environment. It’s made from Iroko, which is a large hardwood tree from the west coast of Africa. Originally this variety of wood was used in boat-building because it’s very durable, which makes it ideal in the bathroom. At the suggested retail price of $34,000 this exotic bathing beauty could be your very own soaking vessel.:rotflm:

Otis Anderson

New User
Otis
That is beautiful!

Is it weird that after seeing this I have instantly formed a plan on actually how easy that would be to make, especially if I can gain access to a cold press for a 48 hour period! My wife would LOVE the looks of that, only question is what would be a good domestic wood? Quilted Maple would look gorgeous!?!?

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Bill, I like your 'tubs'. :eusa_danc

I finally tried a nut dish to test my setup. Process took far longer than I would have thought.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
I always thought it would be cool to rough one out from a whole log, a chainsaw and use a grinder to shape it. Lots of end grain to deal with but I guess you could entomb it with bar top finish to stabilize it and keep it from cracking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS