JDS air cleaner on CL

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
I have this ari cleaner in my shop. I upgraded mine to the remote control panel. This is a good air cleaner.

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/tls/2647650093.html

JDS Airtech 2000 Shop Air Cleaner - $125 (Hillsborough)

Date: 2011-10-21, 2:27PM EDT
Reply to: sale-wehaq-2647650093@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

I have a professional shop air cleaning unit available in EXCELLENT condition with electrostatic, charcoal and extra large pleated fabric filters installed. This unit, Model 750E, has a variable speed fan motor (very quiet on the low setting) with pull chain ON/OFF and rotary speed selector control. This device is designed to reduce the airborn dust and particulate matter in your workshop. The manufacturer claims it will filter 99% of the air in a 30' x 30' x 8' shop area in only six minutes (10x air change per hour). Filtered air capacity is 750 cfm (unfiltered capacity is over 1,000 cfm). I have upgraded and replaced the filters so it is all ready for use [**Washable electrostatic prefilter cleans dust, bacteria, fungi, and pollen from the air. For the removal of odors, fumes and smoke an optional charcoal filter has been installed in this unit. A large surface area fabric prefilter is also installed]. The air cleaner measures 34" x 24" x 12" and is designed to be hung from a ceiling (has eye bolt rings on top for hanging) or placed up high in the room for maximum efficiency. Weighs around sixty pounds and cost about $350 when new. This unit is in excellent to like new condition PLUS has upgraded filters.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
5V35Y05O13na3pd3labad81e8793d56451469.jpg

PostingID: 2647650093

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
does it have a remote ?

As shown in the photo, this unit predates the remote control (that is included with the 750-ER series). Just a speed selector switch and a pull-chain for on/off.

If you don't mind wiring a custom switch and receptacle for the unit you can leave it switched on and control it from a manual or programmable timer switch (in which case the remote only gains you remote speed selection)..

Aside from having a standard remote control, this unit appears to have the same specs as my 750-ER cleaner which I can certainly vouch for.

If purchasing the unit, you may wish to inspect the internal pleated filter to verify it is in good shape -- aside from the usual power-on test. A replacement pleated filter is available from JDS or Woodcraft for about $50. The other two filters are easy enough to track down from online HVAC dealers so they can be had much cheaper. If the electrostatic filter is in good shape then a simple cleaning will be all it needs, but if it has been neglected (or used in the vicinity of spray finishing) then it may require replacement as well. The pre-filter and post-filter are both 12x24x1 (or really 11.5x23.5x1) the pleated main filter is also 12x24 but much deeper.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Just brought this back from Hillsborough. It was in great condition and ran super quiet. Now I just need to pick up some eye-hooks and chain links to mount it - and figure out where exactly to put it. Probably at the end of the A/C ductwork that runs most of the way across the middle of the ceiling. That would probably create a nice circular air flow pattern around the outside walls

- Ken.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Nice score. :icon_thum

Are you going to upgrade it to the remote controlled control panel?

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Nice score. :icon_thum

Are you going to upgrade it to the remote controlled control panel?

Didn't realize I could do that. Guess I need to investigate the cost of the upgrade. I've already sent JDS an email asking how I can acquire a manual for the unit as it did not come with one. I didn't find PDF copies of their manuals on their website like a lot of other vendors provide. We'll see what their response is.

The other thing I've got to figure out is how to heft that thing up near the ceiling while I get it fastened off. It's not that heavy but it is very bulky.

- Ken.

Skymaster

New User
Jack
I slid mine up the front of the ladder and propped it on top setp:}
2nd: JDS is almost local, they are in Columbia SC; call their 800 number, great great people they will help ya get all the stuff u need. :gar-Bi:gar-Bi including the remote 3 speed setup

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Didn't realize I could do that. Guess I need to investigate the cost of the upgrade. I've already sent JDS an email asking how I can acquire a manual for the unit as it did not come with one. I didn't find PDF copies of their manuals on their website like a lot of other vendors provide. We'll see what their response is.

The other thing I've got to figure out is how to heft that thing up near the ceiling while I get it fastened off. It's not that heavy but it is very bulky.

- Ken.

Ken

I too have that same unit. Bought it off of CL about four years ago. I called JDS to inquire about the remote conversion. They quoted me $90 to replace the circuit board and an additional $20 for the remote. I decided to just stick with the chain.

I installed mine myself. I bought four short pieces of chain (about 18" apiece), attached a piece of chain to each corner and just lifted it an end at a time to a new link until I reached the height I wanted. This way, I could let it go, take a rest and then continue to hoist!:wink_smil Took all of about 15 minutes.

You will enjoy this unit and you got a pretty good deal!:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

Wayne

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Ken

I too have that same unit. Bought it off of CL about four years ago. I called JDS to inquire about the remote conversion. They quoted me $90 to replace the circuit board and an additional $20 for the remote. I decided to just stick with the chain.

I installed mine myself. I bought four short pieces of chain (about 18" apiece), attached a piece of chain to each corner and just lifted it an end at a time to a new link until I reached the height I wanted. This way, I could let it go, take a rest and then continue to hoist!:wink_smil Took all of about 15 minutes.

You will enjoy this unit and you got a pretty good deal!:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

Wayne

Wow. I think JDS must have increased the price for that upgrade. IIRC I paid around $80 with the remote included. My main reason for the upgrade was to get the timed off function. You can run the air cleaner for 1-2-3 or 4 hours and then it shuts itself off.

I also installed mine the same way as Wayne, except I started with the air cleaner sitting on top of a step ladder.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks for the tips on installation. Those were kinda the steps I was thinking I'd need to take. Probably have to move some equipment around to get a stepladder where it needs to be to get started walking it up a chain. Got some measuring to do first to make sure it fits where I'm thinking it is going.

I may just get by with the pull chain if the remote is that pricey.

I was pleasantly surprised by how quiet it is.

Regarding the manual, I received this email reply this afternoon from JDS.

Yes, we will get one in the mail to you today.
JDS Co.

Talk about good customer service. I didn't even buy anything from them. I had sent my home address in the email that I sent them inquiring if a manual was available.

- Ken.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Good customer service.

If you need any help getting that thing hefted( is that a word?) up to the ceiling, let me know. I woudln't mind taking a tour of your shop if I was in town.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I used 4 two foot chains and walked the unit up the chains. Got it mounted up over my assembly table so headroom is not an issue. I wanted to point it the other way round, but then I wouldn't have been able to access the controls or filters. JDS no longer sells the remote control mod for the unit but the pull-chain works fine for me.

Thanks for the pointer Mark - Ken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS