PE Request: Charlotte WW Show to points East (Raleigh)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HMH

Heath Hendrick
Senior User
I posted a "want to buy" add several weeks back for a small, "vintage" radial arm saw, and was lucky enough to be find a 1958 Delta Super 900......in Columbia, SC. I have already looked over the machine (electronically), and squared up w/ the seller, now all that is left is to pick it up.

The seller will be attending the WW show this weekend in Charlotte, and has graciously agreed to bring the saw along.

If any member from the triangle area is heading to the show and has a little room in thier vehicle, (the saw would easily fit in a pickup, van, or station wagon/ hatchback) I would be most appreciative.

I'm happy to help w/ the cost of gas, coffee, little chocolate doughnuts, etc.

Saw specs: The Super 900 is a very small RAS, (all I have room for).

Footprint: 32"x21" Weight: 189 lbs.

Alternately, if transportation cannot be arranged, would any Charlotte locals attending the show be able to pick up/ store the machine until I can break away for Charlotte?

Thanks a bunch.

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Heath,
I'll be there on Friday and will have my pickup. I'm in Mooresville so if that ends up being your best offer let me know.Pm me and I'll give you some contact info.
Greg

HMH

Heath Hendrick
Senior User
Greg,

Thanks! If no one from the Raleigh area has the room, I'll be in touch tomorrow. Thanks again!

tkpinsc

New User
Tod Parks
Heath,
I'll be there on Friday and will have my pickup. I'm in Mooresville so if that ends up being your best offer let me know.Pm me and I'll give you some contact info.
Greg

I plan to come up friday and if the seller is who I think he is he only lives a couple miles from me and I could cart it to Charlotte if that helps.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Heath, did you know that a Super 900 will accept a 10" blade? You have to change the guard. The guard from the Craftsmans that have the bounty will fit your saw. Been there, done it.

mburke911

New User
Mark
I just sent you a PM. I will be there some friday and passing through Pittsboro on my way home.

Mark

HMH

Heath Hendrick
Senior User
Thanks All,

Todd, yep, this is the Super 900 you contacted me about - thanks again! I would have never noticed the out of state CL add otherwise.

Bruce, I did not know that.....interesting......The 1HP motor on the Delta, along w/ the 15" crosscut capacity was the deciding factor against the old DeWalt models, (3/4 HP, 14" CC), but it looks like I may have stumbled onto another plus. That said, the old cast iron blade guard on the Delta is way too cool to scrap.....

Mark, PM returned! Thanks a bunch!

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
This goes for all. I will be there all weekend and driving back Sunday afternoon North on I-85 to virtually the VA border. Glad to transport, in the back of my truck, but you would have to meet me near I-85.

Sal Buscemi

New User
Sal
I plan to come up friday and if the seller is who I think he is he only lives a couple miles from me and I could cart it to Charlotte if that helps.

Hey, I resemble that remark! I just joined up, and it was funny to come across a post where people were talking about me. I'm the seller BTW

Sal

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Thanks All,

. That said, the old cast iron blade guard on the Delta is way too cool to scrap.....

Mark, PM returned! Thanks a bunch!
I think you will find that the guard is actually cast aluminum, with a hammered paint finish. Mine is.

HMH

Heath Hendrick
Senior User
Hey, I resemble that remark! I just joined up, and it was funny to come across a post where people were talking about me.

Sal

Sal! Welcome to the group! It's a great bunch o' folks; lots of knowledge, and extremely friendly - like, friendly enough to pick up a radial arm saw and drive it half way across the state.....

Bruce, I'm pretty sure you're right. Good to know the extra capacity is there. Thanks for the heads up.

HMH

Heath Hendrick
Senior User
PE Complete: A Big Thank You to Everyone!

Tod, (tkpinsc), thanks for PM'ing me about the saw - it is exactly what I was looking for.

Sal, Thanks for the great deal and bringing the saw up to Charlotte!

Mark, (mburke911), Thanks for picking up and bringing it back to Raleigh! I'm really sorry about the "battle scar" on your left rear interior corner panel - hopefully it isn't too noticeable....

Three relative strangers working together to help out another - doesn't get more friendly than that!

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS