MFT Jigs for New Table! Gloat !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Spent the WE testing and building new brackets, jigs, etc.. on new Workbench. Posted earlier thread:

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/showthread.php?t=36869

Hopefully these pics will illustrate just how functional this new table is!

MFT_Table_001.JPG

This pic shows all the jigs set up. They consist of a right angle clamping element for setting up face frames (pocket holes, etc..).

Shop Made Festool Bracket (18 gauge) Bent at 90deg with slots, etc...

MFT_Table_005.JPG

MFT_Table_002.JPG

This jig is angled exactly at 90 Deg with hold down clamps. Used with low angle clamp.

MFT_Table_003.JPG

Side clamping, shown in earlier thread.

MFT_Table_004.JPG

Jig/bracket is set up for a Cross Cut, cc capacity up to 24 in. Can also be used for routing, jigsaw cuts as well. Rip capacity w/b 8 ft.

First cut of this toobie, went very smoothly. Rockler's bench cookies, underneath, as not to cut the MDF table.

So far, Im very thrilled with how it works, and can't wait to create, make new jigs as conditions dictate!

Thanks for Looking!

Matt

manfre

New User
Manfre
That is definitely very functional. Do you use that set up instead of TS? Since you can use a router instead of the plunge saw, you wouldn't even miss having a dado blade.

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Looks very functional Matt. I know you will enjoy it.
James

That is definitely very functional. Do you use that set up instead of TS? Since you can use a router instead of the plunge saw, you wouldn't even miss having a dado blade.

James: Thanks! :thumbs_up

Manfre: I've only begun testing out its functionality. I plan on making some kind of "angled fence" in order to make precise angled cuts. Currently setting up using a protractor and clamping piece at angle. I will be evaluating on upcoming projects for its effectiveness.

So far alot of fun, checking out its limits. Now need to go from "Theory" to "Practice".

I also plan on posting completed WW ing projects using this new approach.

Thanks,
Matt

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Nice set up there! Toss the cookies and put your workpiece on the MDF top. You'll get much smoother cuts. Fill up the kerf on the table with Bondo when it bothers you. Better yet...go ahead and cut clean through it like I did. It's gonnna happen:rotflm: Seriously...If you happen to do it tape a piece of masking tape on the bottom and pack the kerf full of Bondo.

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Nice set up there! Toss the cookies and put your workpiece on the MDF top. You'll get much smoother cuts. Fill up the kerf on the table with Bondo when it bothers you. Better yet...go ahead and cut clean through it like I did. It's gonnna happen:rotflm: Seriously...If you happen to do it tape a piece of masking tape on the bottom and pack the kerf full of Bondo.

TOSS my Cookies....:elvis: I haven't done that since my college Days....:rolf:

Maybe lay down some kind of sacrificial hardboard, but never , toss my cookies.:gar-Bi

M

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Nicely done my friend. :icon_thum

When will my table be ready for pickup?:dontknow:

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Nice improvements done there, Matt.:icon_thum:icon_thum

Is there anything this table cannot support?

Lot's of neat ingenuity there.

Wayne

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Nicely done my friend. :icon_thum

When will my table be ready for pickup?:dontknow:

Thanks, bud! Taking orders :gar-Bi, soon as I get My 1-800 line up and running.

Nice improvements done there, Matt.:icon_thum:icon_thum

Is there anything this table cannot support?

Lot's of neat ingenuity there.

Wayne

Thanks Wayne,

I want this table to be like the "Swiss Army Knife" of Tables. I don't know how many Jigs/attachments, I will end up with, but sure will be fun to find out.

Thanks for all your kind words !

VM appreciated,

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS