Silver Maple sent to Eastern NC

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyrod444

New User
Jack
In my earlier post I didn't have any pic's of the large Maple rounds that Mike Smith and I loaded up onto his trailer manually. Here are a few pictures of it on his trailer after he got it home. I didn't measure it but I would have to guess it is around 40" +. It had some nice spalting around the edge and should be very beautiful when cut into blanks. It would be a good time to give him a call if you need some silver maple. Mike sells wood blanks to turners. Here is his web site. http://www.easternncwoodworkers.com/ He is a great guy and located in Middle Sex N.C. so a lot of you could pick up your blanks from him and save on shipping.
Jack
Jack

silver20maple200891.jpg

silver20maple200861.jpg

silver20maple200901.jpg

silver20maple200931.jpg

flyrod444

New User
Jack
I want be turning any of this log since I have 3 more out of the same yard this big or bigger left. I gave Mike this one to sell since it would have rotted before I had time to turn all of it even letting my students using it for their bowls. Here are a couple bowls I turned from another log from the same yard. Not sure the one Mike got will have this curl in it, but I hope it does.
Jack
IMG_2416.jpg

IMG_2506.jpg

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
And to think several years ago I had a Silver Maple cut up for firewood that was threatening my home. I'll not make that mistake again.:nah:

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
H'RAY for the boonies!
If you grew something like that in the city, you probably would have restrictions preventing you from cutting it.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
I want be turning any of this log since I have 3 more out of the same yard this big or bigger left. I gave Mike this one to sell since it would have rotted before I had time to turn all of it even letting my students using it for their bowls. Here are a couple bowls I turned from another log from the same yard. Not sure the one Mike got will have this curl in it, but I hope it does.
Jack
IMG_2416.jpg

IMG_2506.jpg

Jack, those look great - :icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS