1/2" Birch Plywood

Status
Not open for further replies.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Some of the HD stores are now stocking either, or both birch and red oak 1/2" ply, in addition to the 3/4" stuff. Priced at about $42 for a 4 X 8 sheet. This is NOT baltic birch, but regular birch plywood made by Columbia Forest Products in Old Fort NC. I bought a sheet today to build a shaker panel window seat for a client.

BobcatBob

New User
Bob
Some of the HD stores are now stocking either, or both birch and red oak 1/2" ply, in addition to the 3/4" stuff. Priced at about $42 for a 4 X 8 sheet. This is NOT baltic birch, but regular birch plywood made by Columbia Forest Products in Old Fort NC. I bought a sheet today to build a shaker panel window seat for a client.

Are you going to tell us which HD is stocking it or is that all part of the mystery?

Bob

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Thanks Bruce!

I picked up a sheet of 3/4" Columbia Forest ply last week at the Apex HD and it was only about 1/32" under sized. The stuff I bought this past summer (Col. Forest) was tagged 3/4" but was actually closer to 5/8"!:BangHead: The guys at HD (Apex) told me that that run of 3/4" was a mistake and they sent a lot of it back to the supplier.

One thing I noticed with this last sheet was that there was not a single void in the entire sheet!!

Good to know that they now have a 1/2" version of the good stuff when you need it.

Wayne

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Bruce glad to hear that at least one of the BORGs is back to carrying quality wood. I might have to scope out the HD in South Hill, VA which is the nearest one to me.

Glennbear

Glenn
Bruce glad to hear that at least one of the BORGs is back to carrying quality wood. I might have to scope out the HD in South Hill, VA which is the nearest one to me.

Be sure to check the corner of the lumber department close to the service desk. When they get a "special purchase" of cabinet grade stuff the pallet gets shoved into that corner rather than with the rest of the sheet goods. :wsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS