Next project - I'm a glutton for punishment

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
After I make a few more coffee and end tables. Is a tall chest of drawers. I'm trying to spark some ideas so any plans or pictures with general dimensions would be greatly appreciated.

PS FredP - I may tap on you for some hands on drawer construction tips

Thanks

Ken Massingale

New User
Ken
One of my favorite pieces to make. This one is Cherry, PM me if you like the design Jeff
chest1.jpg

Touchwood

New User
Don
Jeff

How about this one...

105-0517_IMG.JPG

100-0004_IMG.JPG

105-0520_IMG.JPG

I have Thom Mosers book.."Measured Shop Drawings for American Furniture" It's a great reference for construction details

You're welcome to it anytime Jeff. Scott has a couple of my books by Jim Krenov..they make for good reading and have some excellent pointers.

You know you're welcome anytime at the shop if you want to kick around ideas.

Don:icon_thum

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Hey Jeff from what I have seen from your recent work you can do this one also - you do some nice work:icon_thum

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Haven't done one of those yet, but I look forward to seeing the WIP pics. I hope it isn't a Christmas present. :swoon:

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Jeff

How about this one...

105-0517_IMG.JPG

100-0004_IMG.JPG

105-0520_IMG.JPG

I have Thom Mosers book.."Measured Shop Drawings for American Furniture" It's a great reference for construction details

You're welcome to it anytime Jeff. Scott has a couple of my books by Jim Krenov..they make for good reading and have some excellent pointers.

You know you're welcome anytime at the shop if you want to kick around ideas.

Don:icon_thum

Hey don - I'm not all that good at woodworking, still trying to get comfortable with the basics... like dado's, M&T, and rabbits, etc... Speaking of rabbits, they make a pretty good stew with biscuits :gar-La;

I do have a pretty good rabbit stew recipe :)

3 lb. of rabbit meat, cleaned and cut into pieces
1 c. of merlot red wine (Cheap blackberry works good)
1/2 lb. of cooked bacon, diced
1/2 c. of onion
1 clove of chopped garlic
1/2 tsp. of salt
2 tsp. of lemon juice
1/3 c. of all-purpose flour
1 c. of water
1 tbsp. of chicken bouillon granules
about 1 tbsp. of currant jelly
8 ~ 10 black peppercorns, crushed
1 bay leaf
1/4 tsp. of rosemary
1/8 tsp. of thyme
3 tbsp. of water
2 tbsp. of all-purpose flour

Fry bacon and set aside. Sprinkle rabbit with salt and coat with flour, fry rabbit in bacon fat, Remove. Saute the onion and garlic in bacon / rabbit fat approx 4 mins, add in the wine, 1 c. of water and chicken bouillon. Let this come to a boil, add in the jelly, peppercorns, bay leaf, rosemary, and the thyme. Add back in the rabbit and bacon. bring to a boil, then reduce to low heat for approx. 1 1/2 hr. Take out the bay leaf. Make gravy, add lemon juice to a another skillet. Add in 3 tbsp. of water and 2 tbsp. of flour mix over low flame. Pour gravy over over rabbit stew and serve with some whomp biscuits. Good eating right there :gar-Bi

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Hey don - I'm not all that good at woodworking, still trying to get comfortable with the basics... like dado's, M&T, and rabbits, etc... Speaking of rabbits, they make a pretty good stew with biscuits :gar-La;

I do have a pretty good rabbit stew recipe :)

3 lb. of rabbit meat, cleaned and cut into pieces
1 c. of merlot red wine (Cheap blackberry works good)
1/2 lb. of cooked bacon, diced
1/2 c. of onion
1 clove of chopped garlic
1/2 tsp. of salt
2 tsp. of lemon juice
1/3 c. of all-purpose flour
1 c. of water
1 tbsp. of chicken bouillon granules
about 1 tbsp. of currant jelly
8 ~ 10 black peppercorns, crushed
1 bay leaf
1/4 tsp. of rosemary
1/8 tsp. of thyme
3 tbsp. of water
2 tbsp. of all-purpose flour

Fry bacon and set aside. Sprinkle rabbit with salt and coat with flour, fry rabbit in bacon fat, Remove. Saute the onion and garlic in bacon / rabbit fat approx 4 mins, add in the wine, 1 c. of water and chicken bouillon. Let this come to a boil, add in the jelly, peppercorns, bay leaf, rosemary, and the thyme. Add back in the rabbit and bacon. bring to a boil, then reduce to low heat for approx. 1 1/2 hr. Take out the bay leaf. Make gravy, add lemon juice to a another skillet. Add in 3 tbsp. of water and 2 tbsp. of flour mix over low flame. Pour gravy over over rabbit stew and serve with some whomp biscuits. Good eating right there :gar-Bi

Your Funny Jeff,

After the work you did on that Awe------Some :swoon: :elvis: Gun Cabinet you say your still getting comfortable. Man it looks like you have been comfortable for a long time, the way you made that beautiful piece. Your too hard on yourself, Your Work ROCKS~! :notworthy: :eusa_clap

And thanks for the new recipe! :gar-Bi

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Anyone made one like this? I never liked open bottoms so I'll change the trim to be flush with the floor. I'm thinking I may increase the height of the upper case and add dental moulding around the top of it. The basic dimensions and profiles are pictured any suggestions for improvements?

7_drawer_chest.JPG

SubGuy

Administrator
Zach
Anyone made one like this? I never liked open bottoms so I'll change the trim to be flush with the floor. I'm thinking I may increase the height of the upper case and add dental moulding around the top of it. The basic dimensions and profiles are pictured any suggestions for improvements?

Me Likey Jeff!
:icon_scra Maybe small 2 or 3 fluted edge molding on the front two corners:icon_scra
and/or Stile/Rail Panels on the sides!:icon_thum

:widea:Replace the legs/skirt with some of that great turning work you do!:rotflm:

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Me Likey Jeff!
:icon_scra Maybe small 2 or 3 fluted edge molding on the front two corners:icon_scra
and/or Stile/Rail Panels on the sides!:icon_thum

:widea:Replace the legs/skirt with some of that great turning work you do!:rotflm:

Please explain small 2 or 3 fluted edge molding on the front two corners? I'm a picture kinda a guy so if you could point me to a picture I might understand.

Rail/Stile / cope/stick - I had a great router bit set that I let a friend borrow, he hit a nail with one of the bits and replaced it with a cheapo HF set which I have not even tried to use yet :roll:

Turning work hu? your a funny guy :slap:

SubGuy

Administrator
Zach
Yeah that like Zach to tell you about something good and not even point you in the right direction
:gar-La;

What do you think Wayne - Scratch Stock? I've been wanting to mess something up trying it.

Sorry, I've been missing this post for some reason:embaresse. Anywho a Leg like this:
http://www.tablelegs.com/Square-Tapered-Legs-Columns/Morris-Columns.aspx
with the fluting mentioned above. Like 2 Flutes, maybe three depending on flute size/spacing and Leg Size spacing. I saw one in there catalog but the pic isn't coming up in website where I can find it. But I will keep looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS