Pilot and Countersink Drillbit Recommendations...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Hi all,

It seems that I am spending a lot of money trying to find a good set of pilot and countersink drill bits. I have tried the Snappy tapered bits and seem to break the tips after just a few uses!:BangHead: - And I didn't try drilling through an opposing screw shank! I bought an 8 piece Woodcraft set (boxed) and they too seem to be really fragile. (ie the bit will spin within the countersink and/or stops.) Also tried the Craftsman "Speed-Loc" bits - lets not go there!:nah:

For what I have spent in bits so far, I might just as well try the Fuller's, but at $93.00 for a 5 piece set!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!! (Or should I????)

What do ya'll use?

I need something that will last longer than one project!:elvis::elvis:

TIA,

Wayne

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Wayne: We drill a LOT of holes, and I have suffered the same frustrations as you. Bought the tapered set, :nah:

tried a set from Rockler or somewhere. Finally wound up just buying the Bosch (I think) individual bits from Lowe's, and a box of 1/8" bits" (For #8 size bits)

There are two types, one with a pilot cutter built in, and just the plain countersink/bit type. We use both.

Have I confused you enough?:icon_scra:icon_scra:icon_scra:icon_scra:icon_scra

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Wayne: We drill a LOT of holes, and I have suffered the same frustrations as you. Bought the tapered set, :nah:

tried a set from Rockler or somewhere. Finally wound up just buying the Bosch (I think) individual bits from Lowe's, and a box of 1/8" bits" (For #8 size bits)

There are two types, one with a pilot cutter built in, and just the plain countersink/bit type. We use both.

Have I confused you enough?:icon_scra:icon_scra:icon_scra:icon_scra:icon_scra

Thanks Reggie!

I think that you have nailed it. I need to learn to keep it simple and then I don't need to drive all over town tryin' to find a replacement bit (ie Snappy product):no:

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS