Teetering on the edge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glennbear

Glenn
Congrats Jimmy, good luck on your dark side ventures. So far I am safe from the pull of spinning wood since my lathe is ensconsed in a large plastic container at the bottom of a huge stack of boxes in the storage unit 12 miles from the house. :gar-La;

Glennbear

Glenn
It just occured to me.............I rode with JimmyC and Will Goodwin during the shop crawl!!! perhaps the fact that my lathe is in storage 12 miles from the house will not keep me safe after all :swoon:

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
No basements in NC? Every house I ever lived in had one, and I've never lived more than 20 miles from right here....
I forget most y'all are from the other side of Charlotte~
must be a "east" thing??
Either way 'turn it - don't burn it"
:eusa_naug

Andy,

It's funny because I do have a basement, 1400 sq/ft, because I'm on sloping terrain. But, everyone that comes to my house comments on how nice it is to have a basement 'cause there aren't any around here.

And yes, I have checked fro pods and there aren't any.....yet.
Jimmy:)

woodArtz

New User
Bob
I'm not sure what all the fuss is about :dontknow:. We turners aren't conspiring to turn anyone to the dark side. Our spin on the woodworking profession is completely noble. It is a shame that the "flat workers" skew our intentions. We just want everyone to have the same moving experience that we have when we turn. The shear joy of woodturning is hard to explain, but suffice it to say, there is something special about turning the blank canvas of a block of wood into our own little works of art. So, scrape together a few dollars, get a lathe and join our [strike]dark[/strike] forces. There is power in numbers!

Carpe Lignum... Torne Lignum!

(all typed with tounge firmly in cheek) :lol:

Will Goodwin

New User
Will Goodwin
You guys are cracking me up! :rotflm:

As I haven't ever turned anything, maybe I am a carrier!

I did tell someone recently though that I found something that could eventually pull me to the Dark Side. I love to fish and WC has bass lure turning kits! :swoon:

And Bas ... love that tool that rearranges the letters in the name... I'll have to remember that Wood Willing.

skeeter

New User
Charles
Jimmy, I hope it's not too late for you. Good luck. I just tried to check my basement, but it's full of water (must be a coastal thing)!!!

DavidF

New User
David
I was slipping but managed to fool the "pods" by turning Square things - I think I got away with it.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS