Shop Tour LONG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay Brewer

New User
Jay
Hi Everyone. I want to thank everyone for the warm welcome. I finally got the new cyclone hooked up and the shop clean again. Thought I would give a tour.

My shop is in the full basement of my house. Hasent been a car parked in there in a while :)

Looking in from the left side garage door, against the left wall of the house is the Kreg Face Frame Table, Bridgewood 25" Wide Belt Sander, then the Doucet Door Clamp.

Left Side Overview (600 x 451).jpg

WideBelt Sander (600 x 451).jpg

Door Clamp (600 x 451).jpg

Im going to be selling the Delta dust collector if anyone is interested.
Delta Dust Collector (600 x 451).jpg

The edge sander sits between the washer and dryer. The washer and dryer will go upstairs when the remodel is complete. Behind the wall is the stairs and an outdated 12' x 25' den with a full bath. When I get some more time I am going to take over the den for a dedicated spray booth.

Delta Edge Sander (600 x 451).jpg

Down the middle of the shop on the left bay side starts with a Felder and Powermatic shaper. They are positioned so that they can share the same power feeder

Felder Shaper (600 x 451).jpg

Powermatic Shaper (600 x 451).jpg

Then comes the Dewalt Planer. I have it on a lift cart because it never gets used. I buy all my lumber S2S, my lumber supplier has a double sided planer so I very rarly get a cuped board. You might also notice I dont have a jointer. I do all the straight line ripping on the slider. I find it faster, easier and safer than a jointer, any cupped lumber gets a pass through the widebelt, even though I really have my eye on the new Jet jointer/planer.

Planer (600 x 451).jpg

Lastly on this side are the Blum Hinge borer and the Kreg pocket hole machine.

Blum Hinge Borer (600 x 451).jpgPocket Hole Machine (600 x 451).jpg

Looking In from the right side, is the cyclone, and Felder sliding table saw,the best investment I have ever made for my business. The saw is equipped with a Tiger CNC rip fence. I try to leave this side as open as possible for using the saw.

Right side Overview (600 x 451).jpg

Cyclone (600 x 451).jpg

Saw 2 (600 x 451).jpg

Saw (600 x 451).jpg

Blade Storage (600 x 451).jpg

The Outfeed table for the saw doubles as storage for the shaper.

Saw Outfeed (600 x 451).jpg

Next is the Grizzly 17" Bandsaw, directly behind the bandsaw is the lumber storage. The plywood storage cart is hinged on one side to clear the bandsaw.

Bandsaw (451 x 600).jpg

Lumber Storage (600 x 451).jpgLumber Storage 2 (600 x 451).jpg

I built a plywood cart based on Dino's design. it attaches to the Felder Outrigger Cart. The only thing I did different was attach 2 springs to help with the tilting of the plywood.

Outrigger Cart (600 x 451).jpg
Panel Cart 3 (600 x 451).jpg
Panel Cart 4 (600 x 451).jpg

To the left of the bandsaw is the Powermatic line and construction drill. It drills the holes for adjustable shelves. The head also tilts up to drill for dowel construction.

Line Drill (600 x 451).jpg

At the end of the basement is my assembly/spray room. I have cheap shower curtains that I pull closed when spraying.

Finish Room (600 x 451).jpg Fugi HVLP (600 x 451).jpg

Clamp Wall (600 x 451).jpg

To the left of this room is the tool storage room. All the fasteners, hand and power tools stay there. If you are still awake, thanks for looking

Tool Room (600 x 451).jpg

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
My guess is you'll be makin' a little more'n a shoeshine box & a gun rack with that stuff. WOW is right! Be careful with that spray booth in the basement, though. Don't want to lift the house off the basement with an accident!

Makinsawdust

New User
Robert
Jay,
Great looking shop. Not too many basement shops outfited so well. Based on your equipment I'd say you make lots of cabinets. Am I right?
Rob

toolman

Administrator
Chad
:jiggy:WOW :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:
This is a big time YOU SUCK!!!! :wrolleyes:

Badabing

New User
Joe
Great Caesar's Ghost! Incredible shop Jay :spinny: my head is still spinning!

Sorry, I missed the post that said what business you're in. Cabinetry?

Jon

New User
Jon Todd
Holy cow thats a nice shop. I would love to come see it some time since i am pretty much in Winston Also.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Mighty nice! Can I be your friend please?:eusa_pray

I need to do a similar MFT mod. What does the other side look like?

TV

New User
Todd Vaughn
Nice shop is a bit of an understatement! You have equipment I wasn't aware was even out there. WOW, just WOW!

tv

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Jay, thanks for sharing the photo's of your shop. Ditto the "WOW" comment by others - what an outstanding woodshop! Without question one of the best home shops that I've seen.

Can't wait to see some photo's of your custom cabinets.

Scott

Jay Brewer

New User
Jay
WOW, nice shop!

Did you make the doors in the last pic? Very nice.

Hi Jeremy, I make all the sample doors from scarps left over from projects, there's about 20 more stacked in the corner. It lets me experiment with different colors. Clients seem to want to stop by sometimes so I keep the best doors on display, and try to keep the shop as clean as possible, thanks

Jay Brewer

New User
Jay
My guess is you'll be makin' a little more'n a shoeshine box & a gun rack with that stuff. WOW is right! Be careful with that spray booth in the basement, though. Don't want to lift the house off the basement with an accident!

Hi Dennis, thanks for the kind words. I build custom kitchens part time, maybe full time this year?? I would never spray solvents in the basement, I switched to water based 3 years ago and havent looked back, thanks

Jay Brewer

New User
Jay
That is unreal Jay! How long have you been running your business?

Thanks Michael, I have been trying to make money in woodworking since I was 13 making bird houses. I have always loved building things. I moved into building cabinets about 5 years ago and really enjoy it. My fulltime job helps suppliment my tool adiction. Now that I think I have everthing I need tool wise ( yeah right) I might go full time latter this year, thanks

Jay Brewer

New User
Jay
Mighty nice! Can I be your friend please?:eusa_pray

I need to do a similar MFT mod. What does the other side look like?

Thanks Mark, I havent got around to finishing the front side of the MFT stand. I think one half will be drawers and the other maybe just a door with shelves inside, thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS